We at La Roca FC take top priority regarding the health and well being of all of our members, players and their families alike. At this time, we will be following the guidelines set forth by U.S. Soccer and UYSA regarding the Coronavirus.
U.S. Soccer is requesting that all of our participants incorporate fist bumps on the walk outs and post-game as we support our communities at this time.
The following information was sent out by U.S. Soccer Federation:
There is currently no vaccine to prevent the Coronavirus. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed. Everyday preventive actions should be taken, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow the CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including Coronavirus.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms to help prevent the spread of the disease.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Additionally, here are a number of different resources and communications from the CDC and other organizations regarding the Coronavirus:
CDC – Coronavirus Overview
CDC – Travel Recommendations
World Health Organization – Coronavirus
U.S. Department of State – Travel Advisories
USOPC – Coronavirus Update