La Roca Cup
La Roca Cup 2018
Over 200 top teams will be competing on the state’s elite fields at the Salt Lake Regional Athletic Complex during the four days of La Roca Cup 2018.
NEW THIS YEAR: La Roca Cup is a qualifier for IVP by Figo7’s International Cup Portugal. The first-place teams in Boys U13, U14 and U15 gold brackets will represent the USA at the International Cup in Portugal in June 2019. (Registration fee for Boys U13, U14 and U15 IVP by Figo7 Gold bracket is $1,250. All expenses for IVP by Figo7 International Cup except airfare to Portugal are covered by IVP.)
DATES: Wednesday through Saturday, July 18-21, 2018
The Salt Lake Regional Athletic Complex is the intermountain west’s elite soccer venue. With 16 natural grass, sand-based fields (6 with lights), the RAC allows for all games in one location. Parents appreciate the easy access off I-215 and paved parking throughout the complex, as well as proximity to downtown Salt Lake City.
FORMAT: Each team will play a minimum of three games during pool play Wednesday – Friday. Final games will be held Saturday. Most games will be scheduled from 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. (Saturday games will be completed by 5:00 p.m.) Some games may be scheduled later on the lighted fields.
LA ROCA U7/U8 JAMBOREE: Boys and girls U7 (birth year 2012) and U8 (birthyear 2011) teams are invited to play in the 2018 La Roca Jamboree, August 15-18, at Legacy Events Center in Farmington. More details will be posted at www.larocafc.com in coming weeks.
REFEREE ASSIGNOR: Teri Mills, email@example.com
SPONSORSHIPS/ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES: To sponsor the La Roca Cup or advertise at the tournament, please email Wendy Kenney, Tournament Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR: Wendy Kenney, email@example.com
La Roca Cup 2018 Check-In Requirements
SEVERAL DAYS PRIOR TO TOURNAMENT CHECK-IN, PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
- Obtain completed UYSA Player Registration Forms with signed Medical Consent for every player on the roster, including guest players and tournament only players. (These forms do not need to be presented at check-in; however, the team manager MUST have these at the tournament in case a player needs medical attention and a parent or guardian is not present to give consent for treatment.)
- Obtain completed Specialty Player Action forms for every guest player (Specialty Player Action form is available at https://usys-assets.ae-admin.com/assets/985/15/specialty_player_action_2011-2.pdf. This form is not required for tournament only player.
- Instruct tournament only players that they must go to the La Roca office to register as a La Roca Cup tournament only player and to obtain a laminated photo player card. (Contact Wendy Kenney, Tournament Director, 801-510-7254 if you have a tournament only player.)
- Create an Official UYSA Tournament Roster and ensure all coaches and players, including guest players and tournament only players, are on the roster with accurate jersey numbers. (See below for instructions for creating an official UYSA Tournament Roster.)
- Print 6 copies of the UYSA tournament photo roster. (Once verified at check-in, all copies of the roster will be stamped “Approved.” One copy will remain at tournament headquarters; the other copies will be returned to the Team Manager who will give one copy to the referee before each game for player check-in.)
Out of State Teams
- Obtain completed state soccer association Player Registration Forms with signed Medical Consent for every player, including guest players.
- Obtain completed UYSA Specialty Player Action forms for every guest player (Specialty Player Action form is available at https://usys-assets.ae-admin.com/assets/985/15/specialty_player_action_2011-2.pdf.
- Obtain one copy of your official team roster from your state registrar. (The roster will remain at tournament headquarters.)
- Obtain laminated player photo cards for every player, including guest players. (Player cards will be presented to the referee before each game for player check-in.)
La Roca Cup Age Chart by Birth Year
|Age||Birth Year||Age||Birth Year|
AGE GROUPS: La Roca Cup is open to U9-U19 boys and girls teams. In most age groups, there will be 2 brackets: gold (for premier and D1 level teams) and silver (for D2 level teams and lower). Teams must register for the 2018-19 age groups according to the above chart.
Boys U13, U14 and U15 IVP by Figo7 Gold bracket: $1,250
First place teams will receive a trophy, and medals will be awarded to first and second place teams in each bracket, including the Boys U13, U14, and U15 IVP by Figo7 Gold brackets.
REGISTRATION: Click here to register.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: June 29, 2018.
La Roca Cup Tournament Check-in Procedure
At least 90 minutes before the team’s first game, a team representative should arrive at tournament headquarters (located at the middle of the RAC near the restroom building) with the following documents:
- 6 copies of the Official UYSA Tournament Roster with photos and names of all players, including guest players and tournament only players, and coaches. (See below for instructions for creating an official UYSA Tournament Roster.)
- UYSA Specialty Player Action Forms for all guest players (properly completed and signed by parent, player, and coaches). Not needed for tournament only players.
- Laminated UYSA photo player cards for any tournament only players
The official tournament roster, Specialty Player Action Forms, and/or laminated photo player cards for tournament only players will be reviewed for compliance, and stamped “Approved.” The laminated photo player cards for tournament only players will be stickered and returned to the person checking in the team. One copy of the roster and the Specialty Player Action forms will be filed at tournament headquarters; the other copies of the Tournament Roster will be returned to the person checking in the team. One copy of the approved roster must be presented to the game official before each game.
Out of state teams:
- 1 copy of official team roster
- Laminated photo player cards for all players, including guest players
- Specialty Player Action Forms for all guest players
The team roster, laminated photo player cards, and Specialty Player Action Forms for guest players will be reviewed for compliance. The laminated photo player cards will be stickered and returned to the person checking in the team. The official team roster and the Specialty Player Action forms will be filed at tournament headquarters. The laminated photo player cards must be presented to the game official before every game.
Pre-Game Check-In Procedure: At least 20 minutes before each game, all players and coaches must appear before the field marshal or game official for check in, at which time the Official Tournament Roster or laminated photo player cards must be presented. After the game, the team administrator must pick up the player cards from the game official.
How to Create an Official La Roca Cup Tournament Roster
(Utah teams only)
- Go to www.utahyouthsoccer.net.
- Login in under Member Login which is located on the top right hand of the UYSA homepage.
- You will now be on the “My Account” page. Click the Teams tab, click on the “Team Info” link to the right of the team name.
- Click on the Tournament Roster tab, and then “Create New Request”.
- Fill out tournament information with the following:
Tournament Name: La Roca Cup 2018
Soccer Federation: UYSA
Event Start Date: July 18, 2018 End Date: July 21, 2018
City: Salt Lake City State: Utah Postal Code: 84104
Director First Name: Wendy Director Last Name: Kenney
Director Phone: 801-510-7254
- Click on “Save”.
- Next, click on Roster below the Tournament Roster tab. You can delete administrators and players by clicking on the red X next the admin/player’s name. To add a guest player, click the Add Player/Admin Inside Org at the bottom right hand side of the screen. Choose the Roster Role from the drop down and enter the ID Number and click “Save & Continue.” Jersey numbers can also be added along with player positions on the roster page. Always click “Save & Continue” after each addition or change.
- Click “Save & Continue.” Make sure at the upper right next to Status, it says, “Accepted.” If you add a guest player or a tournament only player, the status will say borrowed. If the player is a guest player, you must submit a completed Specialty Action Form with their coach’s signature at the tournament check in. If this player is a tournament only player the tournament only card must be submitted at check in. (UYSA Specialty Player Action Form)
- Once you’ve made all the roster changes/additions, click on “Submit and Review” on the purple line.
- Click on “Submit” and click on the “Submit Application” button.
- Click on the “Review” Button, and select “Print Photo Roster” button to print photo roster.
- A photo roster will be created with pictures. On the “Select a format” pull down menu at the top, select PDF, then click on “Export.”
- A formatted photo roster is now on your screen and can be printed using your print driver.
To make changes to your tournament roster:
- Login in to your UYSA account.
- Click the Teams tab, then the “Team Info” link to the right of the team name.
- Click on the Tournament Roster tab, and then under “La Roca Cup 2018,” click the “Edit Application” button.
- Click Roster below the Tournament Roster tab. From this page, you can make any necessary roster changes.
- Click “Save & Continue.”
- Follow steps 12-14 above to print the photo roster.
No handwritten changes will be allowed. Rosters will be frozen upon team check-in, 90 minutes before the first game.